I waited YEARS to see those beloved two pink lines and once I did the joy/excitement/anticipation/nervousness/peace/gratitude overwhelmed me. I've always felt the draw to motherhood and was ready to become one shortly after marrying Dave. Heavenly Father had other plans in store for us which included a long lesson in patience. But as the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. Once those two pink lines finally appeared I exhaled a sigh of relief then, almost immediately inhaled and began (figuratively) holding my breath for the next nine months hoping and praying there would be no complications with the pregnancy. On Presidents Day 2011 (2.21.11) an ultrasound confirmed we were doubly blessed with TWINS!
![]() |
| At 16 weeks we got the first "head shot" of our twins. We learned that Baby A was a girl and Baby B was a boy. What could be more perfect than one of each?! |
As you can see everything progressed rather nicely and I was extremely blessed to have NO complications during my twin pregnancy, pretty amazing! The fist trimester did present me with a double dose of morning sickness, but nothing a prescription of Zofran couldn't take care of. Each baby grew at about the same rate as the other throughout the whole pregnancy. How nice of them to start their sibling relationship off so well by sharing nicely with each other! Being pregnant and experiencing life (or in my case, lives) growing inside of my body was such an amazing experience and one I'd waited so long to have. From the first flutters of movement at the beginning to the seemingly non-stop synchronized hiccups at the end I relished every moment of carrying/growing my babies.
I did go on modified bed rest at 30 weeks (meaning I stopped working and stayed home, but was allowed to get up and move around the house) and once learning I had started to dilate at 33 weeks was advised to do strict bed rest (just getting up to use the bathroom). Little did we know at the time that the babies would hang in there until I was full term! Once I made it to 36 weeks all restrictions were lifted and I started to do daily walks around the neighborhood with Dave in hopes of meeting Baby A and Baby B sooner than later. As you can see by the final photo we didn't have to wait too much longer.


I am going to copy you with the weekly photos with labels and the same shirt. It does such a better job than what I did! You look great, even at the end!!
ReplyDelete