| 32 weeks with baby #3 |
Yesterday I entered my 32nd week of this pregnancy, the beginning of the eighth month. It has been an enormous blessing that this pregnancy has been so much easier for me than the twins was. Mainly I've noticed that carrying only one baby has allowed me to have more energy and a bit more ease in moving around - go figure. Heart burn, while it still comes at times, isn't nearly as intense or frequent as when I had Ian and Suzie squished in there together. The hormones that come along with pregnancy are definitely still there it's not quite as amplified as it was with multiples. Ian and Suzie are of course keeping me pretty busy so I don't have too much time to think about all the "what ifs" and "how will we" with this baby as I did with them. I think that is pretty typical with a second pregnancy though.
Last night I felt the baby hiccuping for the first time. Such a neat feeling! I am pleased that this baby doesn't seem to have the need to keep mommy awake all hours of the night and early morning by doing acrobatics like the twins did (mostly Ian since he was on top and had the most room to move around). We'll see if that translates to it's personality once outside of the womb. Dave's guess as to the gender changes almost weekly and I freely admit to having no clue. I've had no dreams or promptings one way or the other. For me it's nice to not know. That way I don't favor one twin over the other knowing there will be a playmate of the same gender for one soon. And really - is there any better surprise?! This is a pretty exciting time in our lives. I mean how many people do you know that have these two books as current reading material on their nightstand?
Yup, that's right. Simultaneously reading the What To Expect series for pregnancy and the first year. Good stuff. And just for comparison sake this is what I looked like at 32 weeks with the twins -
| 32 weeks with the twins |
While you may be looking at my belly, I'm looking at my short hair with blonde highlights. Ahh, those were the days. But who has 1 1/2-2 hours and $150+ to spend on upkeep like that - not me, anymore. And that's okay because look what I get to have instead...
I'd say it's a pretty good trade off, wouldn't you agree?
And yes, those are boxes that are still packed full of dining room books in the background. The hoisting the large bookshelf over the back balcony idea has yet to come to fruition. I can't blame Dave for focusing his "extra" time on more important things like studying for his PE (Professional Engineer) exam - which less than 7 weeks away (you can do it, babe!). Oh well, the boxes will get unpacked one day...
In the meantime I'll continue to grow this little human in side of me and take care of the two bigger ones that are now practically running around in circles in front of me. These are the days :-)
You're still a hottie! Glad to hear this pregnancy has been easier to take than the 1st. I agree 100%, having a child (or in your case, 2) to keep up with makes the pregnancy go quicker and the time to fret and worry non-existent. Take care of you!
ReplyDelete