Before the twins turn 16 months old I realized I needed to get their 15 month milestones up because if I don't do it now everything will just blend together and they'll be 18 months before I know it!
Twins Official Stats -
Suzette - 24 lbs. 10 oz (75th %tile) / 31.25 inches (75th %tile)
Ian - 25 lbs. (60th %tile) / 32.75 inches (90th %tile)
| At first Ian wasn't too thrilled, |
| but then he started to smile and enjoy being outside. |
| Dave not looking and Suzie smiling. |
| Dave looking and Suzie not smiling... |
| Adella all bundled up for her first winter weather outing |
This is the first time since birth that Ian has weighed more than Suzie. Both of them have lengthened out a bit so Suzie's weight is now spread out which means her bountiful belly is no more. It has been funny to see pants that were too tight on her all of a sudden start to fit pretty well now. Ian has always been lanky, but with his new heavyweight status he has started to get some more chubs on him, mostly on his thighs. Because of Suzie's newfound "skinny" state she has been able to figure out how to do some things she couldn't before --
Like squeeze in between the fridge and wall to emerge victorious with the dust pan and swiffer.
Ian promptly swiped the dust pan from her to enjoy the moment to it's fullest.
| Yes, that is Ian's tongue on the dust pan |
Suzie has become quite the talker. Words starting with B are easiest for her to say - baby, ball, blue, book and bye-bye. She has continued to say mom and dad as well (maybe she'll say mommy and daddy when she's talking more or did she just skip that and go straight to mom and dad?) and has added, "peas please" to her meal time vocabulary. Suzie also says nose while pointing at Adella's. As for her health status we received the official diagnosis of asthma from a pediatric pulmonologist in October and have been doing nebulizer treatments of an inhaled steroid twice a day since then. The dosage was doubled after her hospital stay when Adella was born. Her follow-up with the pulmonologist went well, but Suzie didn't get past the end of December without getting sick again.
Dave and I gave in on our "no tv before 2 years old" rule to make the time Suzie has to sit still for her treatments bearable for everyone. So Signing Time and Baby Einstein it is. At least with Signing Time their signing vocabulary has improved a ton!
This time it started with a cold she got a few days after Christmas which lead to her first ear infection, but luckily her asthma has remained under control. Ian actually went a few days without catching it, but then finally did and despite all our efforts Adella caught the cold as well. Three sick children was no fun, but the silver lining was that I never caught the cold so in my sane moments (they are in short supply these days) I was able to take care of all my sick babies during the day. Once Dave got home from work he jumped right in and would grab hold of the reins to help with whatever was needed until he'd go to work the next morning. Bless his heart.
Ian & Suzie truly are toddlers in every way. Curious and very mobile. These days it's all about figuring out any way they can climb up onto or over things - chairs, couches, dressers, tables and any sort of barrier these days don't seem to stand a chance. This has lead to some heart attack moments for me. It seems they know when I'm sitting down nursing Adella is the time to strike. That is when I saw them first figure out how to climb over our make-shift stair barrier (a coffee table turned on its side) and make their way upstairs to wreak havoc on any and everything they could get their hands onto. I do have to say their methods for climbing over the barrier were pretty interesting so I recorded it the next time it happened. If you have a few spare minutes you can see the difference in how Ian does it at the beginning and then Suzie at the end.
Hmm, need to check out why my video isn't uploading. Hopefully I'll get it figured out and posted soon.
**UPDATE**
I typed this up yesterday during their afternoon nap. Upon walking into their room to get them up I found Suzie and Ian both sitting up IN THE SAME CRIB!!! Suzie somehow managed to climb out of her crib and into Ian's! Oh my. Dave figured out how to drop the crib mattress even lower (it was already on it's lowest setting, but his fabulous engineering mind came up with another solution), but it may be time to look into getting a crib tent as well.
All in all fifteen months is pretty awesome, but once they turn eighteen months and can be dropped off in nursery for the last 2 hours of church will be even more awesome!
The dust pan pix really crack me up... how did you get it to look so clean, or did Ian cleaned it all off. LOL, I am sure you wouldn't let him do that. ... Maybe it's time to invent disposable dust pans. I think it's so funny that Suzie gets the dust pan out and Ian licks it, do you think maybe they work in teams?
ReplyDeleteAt any rate, I can already see them being life long friends and will always look out for each other. They are special ones. I bet you will see amazing friendship and understanding between the two in their teenage years, a time when you may find the love between the siblings is what get them through tough times more than what parents can do for them.
Oh the joy, enjoy every minute!
ReplyDelete