1.25.2012

Wisp

My Christmas present from Dave this year was an overnight stay at a ski resort, which I just cashed in on Monday!  He had arranged it with my parents to take care of the babies while we were gone so once they came over Monday morning we were off.  Dave choose Wisp Ski Resort because it wasn't too close (the fear of no snow) and wasn't too far (only 3 hours northwest of us) so we wouldn't be spending all our precious baby free time driving in the car.  And since it snowed last weekend it was pretty good skiing conditions.  Once we arrived the first thing we did was...take a nap!  Oh how lovely that nap was.  It seemed to have magical restorative powers because we woke up with tons of energy for the evening.

Since the lifts closed @ 5pm we decided to stick with snow tubing for Monday night and just use our lift tickets to ski all day Tuesday.  Snow tubing was AWESOME!!!  Looking at the hill it wasn't uber impressive, but I tell ya once you get on that tube and start going down you really build up some speed!  Dave and I did every combination possible - together, alone, racing in side-by-side lanes, on our bum, on our belly, with a running start, getting a push from the employees, screaming, laughing, eyes closed, eyes wide open...oh it was grand!  Highly recommend snow tubing to anyone looking for a good time.
The one picture we got before the camera battery died, boo
We kept saying how we can't wait until Ian and Suzie get old enough so we can do things like that with them.  After snow tubing it was time for a ride on the mountain coaster!  I totally under estimated the thing and ended up loving every minute of the ride.  It actually pulls you up to the top of the mountain then releases you down the tracks which curve and bend all the way to the bottom, super fun and again I screaming and laughing the whole way down.  Good times!

We had a lovely dinner in the lodge restaurant and after filling our selves with crab & steak (for me) and the best burger Dave's ever had we had to a really difficult decision - which dessert to choose from their 3 tiered display tray totaling over 20 options!  We went for their pear and apple layered torte, it was scrumptious :-)  We headed back to our room for a much anticipated uninterrupted night of sleep and upon waking up at 7am we got dressed in our ski gear, packed up and checked out, loaded up the car then went to the ski lodge for a hearty breakfast and were one of the first ones to get our ski rentals and hit the slopes!  I haven't skied in over 6 years so I needed to relearn a bit, but once I did I was good to go.  We had lots of fun doing our zig zag skiing down the runs and riding the lifts up the different sides of the mountain.  We left in the late afternoon to head home and stopped for dinner at Cafe Rio (yummmmmmy!) before being reunited with the babes.  A wonderful and very thoughtful Christmas present from my sweet hubby - I'm not sure how he's going to top it next year ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment