4.02.2012

General Conference Spring 2012

The twins went from hearing the prophet's voice for the first time the weekend they came home from the hospital while laying in a bouncer swaddled next to each other to...



sitting up in their new high chairs six months later and actually looking at the prophet while he spoke!


Our whole family lounged around in our pajamas most of the weekend just absorbing all the talks from general conference.  It's funny how every time I'm caught off guard at how spiritually rejuvenated I feel after listening to the speakers.  It's always like I think my spiritual battery isn't that low, but then I come away feeling 100% recharged.  I loved so many of the messages shared and there seemed to be a lot I can apply to my life right now.  When Dave said goodbye before leaving for the Priesthood session he kissed us all then said to Ian, "One day you and I will be going to this together, buddy."  Oh it just about melted my heart.  I couldn't have chosen a better man to teach our son about the duty of being a righteous priesthood holder.  I look forward to seeing that come to fruition in the future.  

I think it's so fun that the twins birthdays (and 1/2 birthdays) will be right around conference each year!  I already can't believe how much they've changed in six short months.     

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute!!! What a great way to spend your half birthday. Gotta love IKEA highchairs, we have loved ours.

    ReplyDelete