Official Stats -
Ian - 17 lbs. 12 oz. (56 %tile) & 27 3/4 inches (91 %tile)
Suzette - 20 lbs. 4 oz. (97 %tile) & 27 1/4 inches (94 %tile)
| My cute giggly chunky monkey |
Suzette loves being sung to and will even try to "sing along" sometimes. She does pretty well sitting up and can lay on her tummy for 15+ minutes at a time now. Her physical therapy is going very well and she has made a lot of improvement already. Suzie is more aware of Ian and tries to interact with him when they're near each other. Ian seems oblivious...for now.
| My handsome little man |
Ian is quite the character. He loves games of peek-a-boo! Never fails when I take my hands away from my face and say peek-a-boo he jumps then giggles so hard, it's adorable. He is also sitting up very well. We have this game that I do during a diaper change. Before I take off his diaper I ask him what kind it is. Then when I open it up I'll act surprised and say, "It's just a pee-pee diaper!" or "You did the poopies!" And I swear every time he goes #2 he gets this sly grin on his face before I open his diaper then when I do and say "poopies" he just laughs and laughs. I told Dave about this one day and he asked if I did it with Suzie. I said yes I tried once, but she didn't seem to care or give any reaction. After growing up with 3 older brothers, living with my husband for 5 years and now having a boy of my own I firmly believe boys are BORN WITH a sense of humor about bodily functions that girls just don't have.
This month we said goodbye to the wash pod, the twins are now too long to fit in it anymore. It was PERFECT to use for the past couple months and such a great and thoughtful gift from my Aunt Karen and mom. Suzie loved being in it and Ian, as usual, was a bit more cautious of the pod. It made bath time such a breeze, I knew they were warm the whole time and it was great using a smaller amount of water. But alas, all good things must come to an end, right? We've now moved on to using our Primo infant tub.
In other developments this past month Suzie was pretty excited to welcome her newest cousin baby Reese and Ian discovered just how yummy his toes really are!
Wow, has 1/2 a year already gone by?! These babies are growing up fast! It has been such a thrill to see each of their personalities develop. Month six brings new exciting things like FOOD. Yup, we got the all clear from our pediatrician to start feeding them table food (minus a few foods that are choking hazards) and using baby food as needed as well as drinking water from a sippy cup. I think there are some exciting adventures ahead!
Your blog is so cute!! I can't get over your adorable babies! I want to squeeze little Suzie's thighs! Such cute cute babies you have!
ReplyDeleteYou guys have such cute little twins! They look so happy :) Ian looks so much like Dave! 6 months - Wow - Time really does fly! Hope you all are doing well!
ReplyDelete