6.15.2012

Half Way

Today I hit the 20 week mark for this pregnancy.  It's still hard for me to believe I'm really half way there.  Luckily, this baby has been taking it pretty easy on me so far.  Morning sickness didn't set in quite as early this time and usually comes in mild waves of nausea around 5am and 5pm and is very manageable with my prescription for zofran.  During the first trimester I ate mostly bland starchy foods (baked potatoes, pasta, rice) as nothing really seemed too appealing, but now that I'm in the second trimester I'm happy to say my appetite has returned!  My sensitivity to smells has also diminished a bit which helps in wanting to eat a better variety of foods.  I seem to have a bit more energy, but not a ton.  It's still a lot of work taking care of the twins everyday and sometimes it's hard for me to tell if I'm tired because of this pregnancy or just from being with the twins all day.  I also worry soooooo much less with this pregnancy.  Having just gone through it with twins and that having been my first I had so many concerns and worries right from the start.  With Ian and Suzette having been born strong and healthy and doing so well now I just feel at peace knowing chances are pretty good this baby will be okay too.

I've started to accept my body image issues and even embrace them going from frumpy loose fitting shirts that would hide my postpartum belly to form fitting shirts that show off my 5 month baby bump.  I gained 45 lbs. with the twins and lost 30 lbs. before becoming pregnant with this baby.  I am happy that I haven't gained anymore weight yet, but I know the the second half of the pregnancy is really when the pounds start adding up quickly.  As long as I don't get back up to the same weight I was with the twins at the end I'll be happy.  No denying it now that maternity pants and shirts are often the only way to go.  And if they weren't so dang comfortable I might care, but since they are I say bring them on!  It's been really funny to be out and about in public and look at people's faces when they see me with the twins then glance at my belly and wonder if that's just left over from a twin pregnancy or if I'm really pregnant with another already.  If they start up a conversation with me sometimes I just leave them guessing and sometimes I excitedly say, "Isn't it great my twins will have another sibling soon?!"  We had the warmest reaction from so many people at church who are genuinely excited for us.  It has been so nice to have the support of those who share the same values as us.  When pregnant with the twins so many would comment with, "You're so lucky, since you're having boy/girl twins you can be done!"  I'd always reply saying that Dave and I thought it may be nice for them to have more than one sibling each.  Haha, little did either of us know how soon that'd come!

Overall I feel so blessed with this pregnancy.  To me it truly is a miracle and I try not to take anything for granted.  I am beyond grateful my body is able to function in this capacity and thrilled another child will be joining our family.  It really will be so fun for the the twins and this baby to grow up never knowing life without the others.  Heres to hoping the last half of this pregnancy will be just as nice to me as this first half has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment