11.01.2012

Fall Festivities

So this year we were not able to make it out to a pumpkin patch since every weekend except the last on in October we've been in and out of the hospital with Suzette.  Turns out my last post about her first hospital stay was only the beginning, but more about that later.  So what is one to do when it doesn't seem you'll be able to get that all important photo of your kids with pumpkins before the season passes?  Plop them in front of the pumpkin display at your local grocery store! 
Suzie was all about picking apart the stems.


 And Ian was just fascinated to watch all that was happening around him (i.e. the cars driving by in the parking lot).
 This past Saturday we had our ward trunk or treat and man alive I had no idea how fast we'd run out of treats!  I made these pretty cool candy corn rice crispy treats and it seems they were a hit.  
 We had fun tasting all the different kinds of chili and cornbread and seeing how families decorated their trunks.  I got some great ideas for next year!

 This is Ian's best tiger face and Suzie was our hot pink zebra.

  Last night for Halloween we got the twins dressed up again to help hand out treats.

Trick or Treat!
 I had to get as much milage out of my Halloween pregnancy shirts during October as I could. 
 
One of the funniest things about the skeleton one is that Ian and Suzie were totally fascinated by the baby skeleton, always reaching out to touch it.  

 It was a fun Halloween night and we're glad we got to enjoy some of the fall festivities this year despite other happenings. 
Halloween 2012
Just for kicks check out what a difference a year makes...
Halloween 2011

1 comment: