I've been in such a newborn daze lately, but wanted to at least get one more post in before November is over. I didn't even get a single picture from Thanksgiving ( I have a feeling Adella's 1st holidays will be a lot less documented than Ian & Suzie's), but still wanted to write about how wonderful it was!
This year my parents planned to forgo the extended family gathering to come and "do Thanksgiving" for us. Man oh man was I grateful to have all their help. My dad has been here ever since Dave went back to work helping with the twins while I take care of Adella which has been amazingly helpful. He loves playing with them just about as much as they love playing with him so it's great. My mom did most of the meal preparations at her home before arriving here early Thanksgiving morning. She got to work right away in our kitchen and the complete meal was hot and one the table right as the twins went down for afternoon nap, it was perfect. We've been enjoying the leftovers pretty much for every meal every day since. No hassel, no stress and lounging around in my pajamas - now that really was the perfect way to spend Thanksgiving this year.
My mom stayed through the weekend to help where ever needed and because of that on Saturday Dave and I decided to do our very first outing as a family of five...to Costco! It was the first time loading all 3 kids into the car seats in our MINIVAN. Yup, that's right folks, it ain't so pretty trying to get 2 toddlers and a newborn into the back of a sedan or SUV so we had to make the leap and join the minivan club. It's true what everyone says, once you see how spacious they are you'll wonder why you didn't make the change sooner. The twins sit all the way in the back and Adella is behind the passenger seat. I sat next to her while my mom and Dave were up front. One the way to Costco Dave looked in the rear view mirror and smiled saying, "I can see my whole family!" It was pretty fun...and crazy. That day was so cold and windy that unloading in to the cart and getting into the store was a hurried frenzy to make sure all the kiddos were warm enough. Good thing we had the extra set of hands with my mom there to help. Again, I was lame and didn't think to get a photo, sad.
This holiday was been wonderful and having our newest daughter join our family this month has filled our hearts with even more joy than we thought possible. We are both so grateful for the families we came from and the family we've made together.
No comments:
Post a Comment