2.08.2013

Her First White Dress



 The lightly falling snowflakes were the perfect backdrop for Adella's baby blessing this past Sunday.  Luckily at just under 3 months old she fit into the same dress Suzie wore at 1 1\2 months.  Having not grown up with sisters to share traditions like this with I wanted to start one for my girls.  “Every member of the church of Christ having children is to bring them unto the elders before the church, who are to lay their hands upon them in the name of Jesus Christ, and bless them in his name” (D&C 20:70)  That is exactly what we did and it was oh, so sweet.  Dave gave her a beautiful blessing that was pure and perfect, just like little Miss Adella Mae.
I love these lines from the poem My Three White Dresses by Linda Gay Perry Nelson
Upon my blessing day,
As a little baby clothed
In my first white dress,
My dad held me in his arms,
There to name and bless.
So pure and clean was I just then,
With time to grow and learn
About the Father's plan for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment