Official Stats-
Weight - 12 lbs. 5 oz. (75th %tile)
Length - 23.75 inches (90th %tile)
Adella turned 2 months on January 7th and will be 3 months old tomorrow, but since there is no doctor visit for her third month these are the only stats we have until her four month visit. She was born 2 pounds heavier than the twins, but measured in just under what they were at two months.
Our sweet girl has been full of smiles!
Big, wide open mouth smiles most of the time. I love them!
Adella has become so much more aware of her surroundings between months one and two. She loves to smile, coo and giggle - especially for daddy in the evenings. Somehow Dave gets her to cooing up a storm when he comes home. He says its just because the way he looks at her and says, "Ahh-goo," but when I try I can never duplicate his results. Guess this is the start of that priceless daddy-daughter bond.
I read this article a while back and it really hit home for me. Already when I look back of photos during the twins first months the ones with me in them doing just normal everyday things are limited. I was either in my pjs or my hair was a mess so I'd say, later - we'll get a photo of me with them later. But life goes on and later never seems to happen so I'm trying to make it a point to stay in the photos with Adella. I want all of my children to see how much they were loved on everyday by their mom. And that just by being them they filled my heart with more joy than I've ever known before.
| Sleepy Adella after church one Sunday |
| In the process of trying to show off her cute owl dress I woke her up, oops. |
I surprised Ian and Suzie one morning by wheeling in Adella in her bassinet. Not sure if they were excited about seeing her or just touching her mobile, but either way seeing smiles on their faces first thing in the morning is something I always love.
A little side note about the bassinet and cribs - all of them were given to us by my wonderfully amazing SIL, Anne. Suzie's crib used to be the one her cousin Caroline slept in and Ian's belonged to cousin Chase. The bassinet Adella is in is one of two Anne gave us as a baby shower gift for the twins. Without Anne our children's sleeping arrangements just wouldn't be quite the same ;-)
When the twins are down for naps Adella gets to have her tummy time. She does quite well holding her head up and will usually do so for a good solid 5 minutes before even letting out one peep of discontent.
| A bit blurry, but look how high she is holding her head! |
| I never get tired of seeing these blue eyes |
She has started to notice and reach for the toys on her play gym more now. She also does well tracking them with her eyes as they swing and move around.
Adella Mae has been such a source of light and happiness. I find myself being so different with her than I was with Ian & Suzie. Mostly just because the nature of meeting the needs of one baby rather than two at a time is so different. I hold her. A lot. Like all the time. I was not able to do that with the twins nearly as much as I do with Adella. The time to sleep train her for sleeping 12 hours at night is coming and I'm setting myself up for disaster because I'm so used to just holding Adella until she falls asleep. I love to see her drift off into dreamland while in my arms. I almost never did that with the twins because having them learn to self sooth when putting them down drowsy, but awake was just a part of survival. But with Adella I usually hold her wrapped up in a blanket while I sit on the couch supervising Ian and Suzie as they play. The natural side effect of this is now my time spent playing/engaging with the twins has been cut short by quite a bit. I'm hoping to find a better balance in the coming months so I don't feel I'm short changing any of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment