Dave's holiday work party this year tops them all! Since he is working for a company based out of Northern California they left it up to him and the one other east coast employee, Matt, to decide their own holiday party. Matt's wife researched fun things to do in the area and proposed an idea to the rest of us and we loved it. Once approval was given from company headquarters the reservations were made! So what was the plan? For starters Saturday night we went to Baltimore's Inner Harbor for a holiday themed Probable Claus murder mystery dinner cruise
then topped off the evening with a stay in a Bed & Breakfast near Little Italy.
Matt's wife was pregnant and her due date was the end of December, but she ended up having the baby over Thanksgiving weekend. Even though baby Alex was premature he is doing well and at home now. So that meant a work holiday party turned into a date night for us! I was bummed we didn't get to hang out with Matt and his wife, but it was sooooo nice for Dave and I to have a night away just to enjoy together. I'm super lame and didn't get any pictures while we were there even though I brought my camera with us. But here is one from the website of our room -
On the other side of the room was a fireplace. After coming back from the dinner cruise we sat by the fireplace and sipped hot apple cider, it was QUIET = heavenly! It was such an amazing feeling climbing under the covers knowing I wouldn't have to wake up in a few hours to feed the babies. And once my head hit that pillow I was out! We both had our first real FULL night of sound sleep since the babies were born. Simply wonderful. We woke up the next morning and sipped the hot chocolate they delivered to our room and sat by the fireplace while enjoying it. Then we headed down to the dining room to enjoy our feast of a breakfast! When I say feast, I kid you not. Fresh fruit, raspberry & blueberry pancakes with maple syrup, brioche french toast with powered sugar, omelets filled with ham, shiitake mushrooms, swiss cheese, onions and green peppers, eggs benedict, home fries, bacon & sausage filled our bellies. Since check out time wasn't until 11am we went back to the room to.... SLEEP MORE!!! Oh how glorious it was :-)
It was a massive combined effort of my aunt, uncle, mom, dad and grandpa to help watch the babies for the 20 hours we were away. We knew the kiddos were in good hands (I only called once to check in) and are so thankful to have such willing/caring family nearby to help us have moments like these. And I find the old adage distance make the heart grow fonder to be true. It was nice to be away from Ian and Suzie for a little while so I could come home and hug them tighter and smother them with kisses!




Sounds glorious! Good for you guys. After time away I always feel the same: "missed you like crazy but can't wait to leave you again!"
ReplyDelete