12.31.2011

Three Months Old

I figure before 2012 comes I better finish blogging about the end of 2011.  The day after Christmas (12.26.11) Suzie and Ian turned 3 months old!  With no doctor visit this month and having already been in 3 month clothing for a good few weeks now it seemed a bit anti-climactic, but don't worry we still documented with pictures.



Gotta love those chubby legs!

Ian turns into a little ham and sure does turn on the charm when the photo session starts.  This is super funny since it is a totally false representation of how he is normally.  Ian is a sweet boy, but mostly one who likes to sit and observe the happenings around him.  Suzie is usually the one who is smiling up a storm all day long, but for her the camera brings on the opposite effect than it does in Ian and her smile gets tucked away until the camera is off.  One of these days I'll have to capture it because it is dang cute.  So our Mr. Ian is quite the talker these days.  His ah-goos are too cute.  I love laying in bed in our room and hearing him down the hall in their nursery "talk" to Suzie after we put them down at bedtime.  She just quietly lays there listening to all his stories.  We try to mimic his sounds back to him and it's fun when we go a few exchanges and he totally thinks there is a real conversation going on.  Ian is gaining better control of his arms.  He can bat at the toys dangling from the activity center mat very well now and enjoys hearing the sounds they make.  His legs are quite strong as well, while on his back on a blanket Ian can push himself clear across the room!  Tummy time is hard for him since his head is really heavy, but he is doing better each day with lifting it up higher and higher.

Suzie is fascinated by all black&white and bold patterned objects we have for her to gaze at.  She'll be quite content to lay a look at them for over 1/2 an hour all the while smiling and cooing.  And I love to lay right beside her and gaze at her the whole time!  I'm loving seeing her little girl features emerge.  Her lovely eyelashes, the rosebud lips and dainty girl movements.  She is so precious.  She doesn't have quite as much control over her arms as her brother does, but during tummy time she is a rock star.  Suzie is now holding her head high and pushing herself up pretty far.  Dave and I will clap and cheer for her and she just smiles and continues to hold the pose even longer.  It's a good time for all!  As I said before, Suzie is our smiler.  She greets me in the morning with smiles and while chatting on the changing table some of the biggest grins come out.  It melts my heart every time.  
It is so fun to see these guys grow and even more fun to see them become more aware of their sibling next to them.  I feel so lucky and privileged to have a front row seat to seeing these boy/girl twins develop a bond that will unite them together for life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment