Official Stats
Suzette - 23 lbs. 10 oz. (98th %tile) / 29 inches (92nd %tile)
Ian - 21 lbs. 4 oz. (76th %tile) / 30 1/4 inches (98th %tile)
Wow, can you believe those stats?! My babies are growing so fast and so big! I knew Ian was getting longer, but wasn't expecting to see a number over 30 at the doctors office today. And Suzie Q, oh my, she is my chunker. I could feel she was getting heavier, but didn't know it'd be 3 pounds more than her last check-up. Ahhh, this is going by so fast. I'm in love with my big babies. I do have to remind myself of that at times when carrying both of them in their car seats at the same time. But secretly I would take a chubby baby over a skinny one any day.
This past month as both Ian and Suzette have started to become more mobile. And thus begins the baby proofing. I knew this day would come. Suzie enjoys pushing the flap on the VHS player, opening the drawer with the plastic bags and pulling down the cable box. I figure before I go crazy baby proofing it'd be helpful to know what I need to do exactly. Hence seeing how much the twins can reach, what they can and cannot open and how far they can go.
Caught in the act!
Ian has started to get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth. Suzie has been doing this for a while now and has skipped right over belly crawling into hand and knee crawling. I'm thinking Ian is about to follow her lead.
But for the most part he is our rolly polly man. When he is sitting up he'll fall straight back then roll onto his tummy, then again over onto his back and so forth until he reaches his desired object or destination. On this day is was under the coffee table.
It has been fun to hear more talking from each of them this past month. Ian and Suzie are now both saying da-da and ma-ma and ba-ba. The grunts from Ian and squeals from Suzie have continued and provide an interesting soundtrack while driving in the car.
The twins have also gotten really good with eating table food and bringing even small pieces to their mouth AND getting them in. Today their pediatrician told me to be prepared for going 100% table food and no more baby food at the 12 month mark...not sure I'm ready for that (i.e. more mess, longer feeding times, more food stained laundry), but I know they will be. Good thing I have 3 more months to prepare myself.
Naps have been going well, but we always seem to fall short of the golden standard of 2 naps a day that are 2 hours long. Usually it's been 2 naps that are 1 - 1 1/2 hours long with them both still sleeping 12 hours at night (so thankful they've been doing that since the day they turned 4 months old!). The other day a lady mentioned to me that soon we'll be transitioning to the one nap a day schedule. Really?! Could that be coming so soon? I need to count my blessings now because their nap times, even if they do end up only being 1 hour, have saved me through the first half of this pregnancy.
As for teeth Suzie is getting her second one on the bottom and Ian is still going strong with the six he has. I thought for a while there that he was getting his molars because he became super fussy at every nap time for about a week, but I haven't seen for felt anything back there yet.
Nine months old, crazy. They have now been out of my body longer than they've been in it. Wild.
And on that note I will leave you with a candid out take photo from their 9 month photo shoot today...
Pretty cute, right? I couldn't agree more.
Wow, can you believe those stats?! My babies are growing so fast and so big! I knew Ian was getting longer, but wasn't expecting to see a number over 30 at the doctors office today. And Suzie Q, oh my, she is my chunker. I could feel she was getting heavier, but didn't know it'd be 3 pounds more than her last check-up. Ahhh, this is going by so fast. I'm in love with my big babies. I do have to remind myself of that at times when carrying both of them in their car seats at the same time. But secretly I would take a chubby baby over a skinny one any day.
This past month as both Ian and Suzette have started to become more mobile. And thus begins the baby proofing. I knew this day would come. Suzie enjoys pushing the flap on the VHS player, opening the drawer with the plastic bags and pulling down the cable box. I figure before I go crazy baby proofing it'd be helpful to know what I need to do exactly. Hence seeing how much the twins can reach, what they can and cannot open and how far they can go.
Caught in the act!
But for the most part he is our rolly polly man. When he is sitting up he'll fall straight back then roll onto his tummy, then again over onto his back and so forth until he reaches his desired object or destination. On this day is was under the coffee table.
It has been fun to hear more talking from each of them this past month. Ian and Suzie are now both saying da-da and ma-ma and ba-ba. The grunts from Ian and squeals from Suzie have continued and provide an interesting soundtrack while driving in the car.
The twins have also gotten really good with eating table food and bringing even small pieces to their mouth AND getting them in. Today their pediatrician told me to be prepared for going 100% table food and no more baby food at the 12 month mark...not sure I'm ready for that (i.e. more mess, longer feeding times, more food stained laundry), but I know they will be. Good thing I have 3 more months to prepare myself.
Naps have been going well, but we always seem to fall short of the golden standard of 2 naps a day that are 2 hours long. Usually it's been 2 naps that are 1 - 1 1/2 hours long with them both still sleeping 12 hours at night (so thankful they've been doing that since the day they turned 4 months old!). The other day a lady mentioned to me that soon we'll be transitioning to the one nap a day schedule. Really?! Could that be coming so soon? I need to count my blessings now because their nap times, even if they do end up only being 1 hour, have saved me through the first half of this pregnancy.
As for teeth Suzie is getting her second one on the bottom and Ian is still going strong with the six he has. I thought for a while there that he was getting his molars because he became super fussy at every nap time for about a week, but I haven't seen for felt anything back there yet.
Nine months old, crazy. They have now been out of my body longer than they've been in it. Wild.
And on that note I will leave you with a candid out take photo from their 9 month photo shoot today...
Pretty cute, right? I couldn't agree more.
Exciting times with tons of more fun to come! Your "little ones" are adorable! Thanks for sharing your lives.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness you babies are positively adorable! And you're right, they ARE getting big. Wasn't it just last month when I brought you dinner?! What is going on here? Well, I'm finally feeling alive again and may actually be blogging more. I don't think I touched it for almost a year, but I miss checking up on my friends and seeing what they're up to. You're family is too cute for words. Tell Dave hi for us.
ReplyDeleteHi Summer,
ReplyDeleteI don't know why I haven't noticed before, but your twins have beautiful blue eyes! They are stunning in these pictures. I especially like the picture of Ian on his hands and knees. So happy for you and Dave!! Wish you were still in Clarksburg.