6.07.2013

Easter 2013

Easter was the last weekend in March this year, which was odd, but we were so glad the weather was nice.  Saturday morning we dyed eggs with the kids.  Since they're all so young this year we didn't delve too deeply into the meaning of Easter, but in the years to come I really look forward to filling the week leading up to it with some of these Christ centered activities.


Suzie and Ian were intrigued by their hard boiled eggs.  I tried many many times between the time they were 12-15 months old to get them to eat eggs, even preparing them all sorts of ways.  Since eggs are such a great source of protein I really wanted my kids to be egg lovers.  With every attempt they'd clearly express it was a "no go."  Enough time had passed between then and Easter that they'd forgotten about eggs and even took a few bites...then promptly spit them out.  Oh, well.  
Our friends, Steve & Patrice Koller, invited us to their neighborhood for an afternoon Easter egg hunt/potluck.  Adella and I hung out while we watched the hunt unfold.  
It didn't take long for Ian and Suzie to discover there was edible yumminess inside the eggs.  

Ian was so content that after opening his first egg he just sat in the same spot for quite some time.  Silly guy.
Suzie on the other hand was off and running to pick up as many as she could!
Mmmmmmm, that tastes good!
Eventually, Ian got the idea and joined in the hunt to find more eggs.

I gave the twins their Easter baskets Sunday morning with Bible story board books, bubbles, a Cabbage Patch bunny and chick (thanks Aunt Karen!), some egg toys my mother-in-law dropped off and some candy my mom brought by.  During the craziness that was Easter morning I didn't get a picture of the baskets, but I did snap this photo of adorable Suzie with Dave.  She is 100% her father's daughter!
I couldn't resist getting those seersucker pants for Ian since I knew Suzie had a coordinating dress.  It's actually a bit too big for her, but I wanted to try to capture a "twin moment."  Try being the key word.  As you can see, none of these photos turned out very well and we ended up with some rather cranky children even before heading out to the car for church.  
I probably should have sprung for the blazer and belt to complete Ian's outfit, but couldn't bring myself to do it knowing he'd outgrow them so fast.  But the bow tie was a must!  Seriously, is there anything cuter than a little boy in a bow tie?!
This was the dress Suzie actually wore to church since the other was too big.  I was trying to get a bow in her hair before heading out the door to church and by the look on her face you can clearly see that was not going to happen.  That look, by the way, is a classic - Dave and his mother both do it.
My sweet sassy Suzie, I love you so!  For as crazy as I thought things were before church, coming home it was meltdown central and a family photo was not in the cards.  Maybe next year.
At church there was some wonderful musical numbers during sacrament meeting and I'm always grateful to celebrate the amazing knowledge that CHRIST HAS RISEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment